Personal Information identifies you as a natural person and the term used herein is in relation to an identifiable natural person. We may collect and process the following Personal Information:
- contact information such as name, date of birth, gender, occupation/profession/job title, address, telephone/mobile number, email address or any other information that may enable identification of specific individuals;
- business contact information such as company name, address, telephone/mobile number, fax number and email address;
- payment, transaction or other billing related information;
- messages, comments etc. either through our Site or when you directly get in touch with us via email, telephone or other channels;
- URLs of webpages visited;
- information relevant to event attendance;
- information that by itself does not enable identification of specific individuals, but that can be collated with other information and thereby enable identification of specific individuals.
How we collect Personal Information:
- when you visit this Site;
- when you interact with us at an event or trade show or exhibition;
- when you register with us for newsletters, seminar, webinars, services or events;
- during your visit to our company showroom(s) or those of our authorized dealer(s);
- through services we may provide to our clients;
- information gathered when you enter in a contractual agreement for products or services;
- through information or databases available in the public domain;
- through third party social media platforms;
- referral sources;
- when event sponsors share the information with us.
Further, when you visit this Site, we may automatically collect other information such as information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse this Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to this Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
Q. What are cookies?
A. Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, in order to develop a record of the user’s online activity.
Q. What are cookies used for?
A. Cookies allow a website to know if your computer or device has visited that website before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the website is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you. Cookies record information about your online preferences and help us tailor our Site to your interests. Information provided by cookies can help us analyze your use of our Site.
By using this Site, you consent to the placement of cookies on any device used to access this Site. However, you may set your browser settings to opt-out or block certain cookies. Many of the cookies used on this Site can be enabled or disabled by disabling the cookies through your web browser. Disabling cookies may lead to certain websites, including our Site, to not function properly. Further, disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser unless manually completed through your browser function.
When using this Site, you may be directed to other websites for services provided by third parties. These websites may use their own cookies. We do not have control over the placement of cookies by other websites you visit, even if you are directed to them from our Site.
Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, and date and time stamps.
We use other standard automated technologies, such as web beacons, tags and pixels, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use and/or disclose your information as follows:
- for legitimate business purposes — including contacting individuals such as our customers and clients, to respond to inquiries and fulfill requests, in connection with providing products and services, for communication in order to build business or contractual relations as the case may be, for carrying out certain marketing activities, for conducting product or process research, development & data analysis concerning product usage trends, effectiveness of promotional campaigns, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services etc., for security and fraud monitoring purposes, for audits, for events;
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations including complying with applicable laws, protect rights and respond to, and cooperate with, legitimate requests made by competent authorities including law enforcement, and for enforcing our legal rights governing our Site, our products and services, our privacy, safety or property;
- to perform a service on behalf of our client who gives us the information;
- to our third-party service providers in order to facilitate services they may provide us;
- to provide you with target-advertising or marketing and promotional communications by emails or text messaging service, that you may opt-out of at any time by using the unsubscribe links or instructions included at the bottom of our emails or text messages.
Service-related emails or communications will however continue to be sent irrespective of any opt-out requests.
You may choose to disclose Personal Information on profile pages, chats, comment sections, message-boards or other means by which you are able to post content, including on, but not limited to, our social media pages and social areas of our Site, where any information you post or disclose may become public, which you may please note.
Where do we store Personal Information?
How long do we retain information?
We generally retain information for as long as needed or relevant to the above purpose(s) or as permitted in light of the above purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable laws. Information may persist in copies made for backup or business continuity purposes indefinitely. We may carry out periodic data reviews of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate.
“Do Not Track” requests
We do not respondent to “Do Not Track” requests or alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
Third Party Services
Our products and services are not directed to individuals under the age of 18 years. This Site is aimed at, and designed for, use by adults. We do not knowingly collect from, or solicit information about, minors.
To access, correct, erase or raise inquiries about your Personal Information in our possession and control, you may write to us on the email address given below in the “Contact Us” section.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions on how Aquant processes your information, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.